Friday, March 16, 2012

Today the weather was really nice; 70's with a slight slight breeze. So, like anybody, I went for a bike ride. The bike path had tons of people. It's kind of awkward when your biking and you experience those two seconds of pure excitement before your fellow biker looks at you as you cross paths. This happens to me often, like a lot, like ALL THE TIME. All of the sudden a person is nearing me and my eyes flicker up to theirs. I give them the up and down quickly to see who it  is and how they look. As we move closer and start to begin making the decision on what to say I can feel the tension on the path. Finally, I decide to say it. "Hi" comes out of my mouth. "Hi." They say without looking up, my self esteem dropped, because I was making direct eye contact. I took my hurt feelings out on my pedals and rode like the wind... Until the next person, I just give a "Hi." and receive a "Hey" back. After that I thought of how the "Hi." that I just gave felt to the other person who I just rode past. "That must have really hurt their feelings." I thought to myself.

 So I decided that when the next person rode by I would say "Hi" and smile, just to make up for the last one.  "Here we go!" I thought to myself, "This is it." I rode right past the person and said hi, which I'm sure made their day. As we got a few inches of distance they said "HI, WHAT"S UP?" Now this threw me off, I was totally of task, I turned around to smile and check the person out, but as I did this I fell and landed on my knee, shoulder and foot. OUCH!!!!! My foot hurt so bad, I almost couldn't feel it. I looked down at my foot to see that it was swollen. I tried to walk, but couldn't. I hit the ground, sobbing and called 911 to help me.

Now I a in the hospital with a broken foot, sprained ankle and a bruised elbow.  :\
Lesson learned- Don't ride bikes and try to be social, that's just too much work. 

2 comments: