Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am a reject of society. A high school freshman struggling to find her way. I ride a bus; home from school, from place to place, around town and home from sporting events. (I'm obviously an athlete) On the buses I ride I always sit alone- never by choice, mine anyway, the other passengers, their the ones who choose. At first I would leave the seat next to me open, then I would move over a bit when a friend or potential seat buddy walked near me. They would always glance at the place where I patted my hand and quickly, nonchalantly look away, as if they had seen nothing. Each time I saw this I died just a little inside. After nights of crying myself to sleep I thought of an amazing plan; ask a friend to sit by me. The next day, just before I got on the bus to take me home from school, I was talking to a friend who I thought would be a good candidate to sit next to. I had the plan thought through from second to second. I even thought of ways to sit once she said yes and sat next to me.
 "Laura, would you like to sit by me?" I gave an uneven look, one that gave the impression that I was a child molester.
"Well Jordyn, I think I'm good- Oh, whats that Kim?" She looked at me, smiled and walked away. I honestly didn't even know that we had a girl named Kim at our school.

1 comment:

  1. AHAH... Well sometimes you are creepy that why I prefer sitting by Lexi... Still like you don't worry

    ReplyDelete