Monday, March 19, 2012

Today at school was a blow. I wasn't feeling good, I had missed two days in the week already and had a lot of things to catch up on. The day was dragging on until lunch, where I got to sit alone at a table and eat my tuna sandwich. As you know I broke my foot, and have to use crouches; which are very difficult to maneuver through the hall with. Anyway, at lunch I was making my way to my corner table on the far side of the cafeteria and I passed the table where a hot jock named Greg was sitting. He was talking about a girl and I wanted to hear who, so I walked over to the table and just stopped to listen.

As I was standing there behind him, just listening, I heard him say something about a girl named Amanda, who he had a summer romance with earlier in the year. My heart sunk to my feet and I turned to walk away. As I did so Greg's friend, Chris walked right into me. His tray went all over himself and dropped to the floor. For lunch we had apple sauce, pizza, cheese sauce and salsa. All of these foods were scattered and smeared all over Chris's shirt. My face was hot and red and everybody in the cafeteria was looking at me. At that moment I wished I was anywhere but in the cafeteria. I started crying and ran to the bathroom where I finished my meal in the last stall. After the bell rang for class I left the bathroom and ran home where I lay under my covers feeling sorry for myself.

I thought that I was invisible; that nobody could see me. It turns out that I am, but I am still there.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment