Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today was my birthday. I was super excited when I went to school, I wore my mom's hand me down hot pink parachute pants and my Twilight shirt so I was all set. Just before I went to school I updated my status on Facebook "TODAY's MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D:D:D:D HOPE I GET A LOT OF ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!" I even put it in all caps so people would notice. When I walked into school I had a swag that shouted "Hey, look at that girl, I better go talk to her! She seems pretty awesome!" So accordingly I expected about 150 Happy Birthdays and a few high fives out of nowhere. Sadly, that didn't happen :/ As soon as I walked into my first class I heard people whispering... They were  talking about me, I could just feel it. I walked up to my teacher (the only one with less Facebook friends than me, beat him by 3 :D) and told him that people were spreading rumors about me being prego. He didn't take it very well and kicked then out of class. That was a good start I guess... The next few periods went fine, my locker buddy Jim said happy birthday, so I gave him a hug. When he walked away I walked up to his friend Fred and asked him if he was going to wish me a happy birthday... He said no, slammed his locker and walked away. At lunch I sat in my chair waiting intently for a flash mob to break out featuring my piers... That  never happened. Around 7th hour I had a Happy Birthday count, it had 3 checks on it. 9th hour I checked my E-Mail and Facebook for a lip-dub video of my school singing "Happy Birthday", nothing, all I had were two notifications; my grandma wished me a happy birthday and somebody sent me a request in cafe world. I checked my settings to make sure my birthday was available from my wall, and it was By the end of the day I was sitting in the bathroom crying, eating a bag of corn chips and  reading a Golf magazine.   When I got home I went to my mother's bedroom and asked her if I got any presents,  she looked and me and said, "what for?" I told her that today was my birthday, she gave me a blank faced  look and said that we needed to talk. I asked her what for? and she said "Honey, you are adopted..." I stormed out of the room and now I'm in my room...

Happy Birthday count: ||||

No comments:

Post a Comment